Angband telnet server?
AlexMax
2007-10-26 14:30:33 UTC
There are places on the internet where you can telnet into a remote
server and play nethack and dungeon crawl stone soup, in addition to
being able to watch other people play through their game
(nethack.alt.org being an example). Which begs the question, does one
of these nifty services exist for Angband? If not, what would it take
to set up one of these services?

I did some googling, and I found that there was indeed a server that
had existed for this very purpose at chungkuo.org, however the news
posting was from 2001, and the service seems to be long gone.

-Alex
r***@gmail.com
2015-03-25 09:02:21 UTC
Post by AlexMax
There are places on the internet where you can telnet into a remote
server and play nethack and dungeon crawl stone soup, in addition to
being able to watch other people play through their game
(nethack.alt.org being an example). Which begs the question, does one
of these nifty services exist for Angband? If not, what would it take
to set up one of these services?
I did some googling, and I found that there was indeed a server that
had existed for this very purpose at chungkuo.org, however the news
posting was from 2001, and the service seems to be long gone.
-Alex
You sir are awesome! I would very much like to know any news in regards to a live server if ever you find one!