where'd rephial go?
j***@yahoo.com
2014-02-23 01:34:45 UTC
Earlier today I was trying to get on rephial.org, but it redirected me to Time Warner Cable. What happened to the site? Is it down for maintenance, ro has it been taken down forever? This is my first post, by the way.
Seamus
2014-02-24 18:12:11 UTC
Post by j***@yahoo.com
Earlier today I was trying to get on rephial.org, but it redirected me
to Time Warner Cable. What happened to the site? Is it down for
maintenance, ro has it been taken down forever? This is my first post,
by the way.
Seems to be there.

http://rephial.org/
The aimless merchant flees in terror!
t***@gmail.com
2014-05-19 20:47:36 UTC
Hey, I used to play Moria back in the day. Anyone know how to build a Linux version of Angband? (The tarballs don't seem to compile.)

And is it possible to restore dead characters? We could do that on the Vax version, but I don't know if it's possible on the current Windows version.
Polarhound
2014-05-19 22:15:18 UTC
Savescumming with backup files.
Eddie Grove
2014-05-20 06:45:00 UTC
Post by t***@gmail.com
Hey, I used to play Moria back in the day. Anyone know how to build a Linux version of Angband? (The tarballs don't seem to compile.)
And is it possible to restore dead characters? We could do that on the Vax version, but I don't know if it's possible on the current Windows version.
Which version of Angband?

There were some that used automake stuff that gave me some problems.

There are clunky ways to restore dead characters, but if you want to be
able to restore dead chars it would be better to modify whichever
version you use to write a different savefile upon player death.

Eddie
Timo Pietilä
2014-05-20 12:41:03 UTC
Post by Eddie Grove
Post by t***@gmail.com
Hey, I used to play Moria back in the day. Anyone know how to build a Linux version of Angband? (The tarballs don't seem to compile.)
And is it possible to restore dead characters? We could do that on the Vax version, but I don't know if it's possible on the current Windows version.
Which version of Angband?
There were some that used automake stuff that gave me some problems.
There are clunky ways to restore dead characters, but if you want to be
able to restore dead chars it would be better to modify whichever
version you use to write a different savefile upon player death.
You can also turn on cheat death -option.

Timo Pietilä